Community Day 2018
Interactive Exhibition with Art Exhibition
Saturday 17 March
10am – 3pm
Sunday 18 March
1pm – 5pm
Free (everyone welcome)
Pre-booking not needed
St Nicholas Church is staging an interactive event reflecting the past 40 years of life in Codsall, including a display of programmes for all the Festivals that have taken place.
Members of our local schools and youth have been encouraged to imagine what the next 40 years might bring and to display their ideas.
Artwork from the High School is being exhibited in the main hall of Codsall High School for the duration of the Festival.
There is an additional display of the work of local artists in St Nicholas Church. The Arts Festival wishes to express its gratitude for the support given by the University of Wolverhampton School of Art.
If you are interested in submitting a piece for display please find further details below.
Information for local artists wishing to submit an artwork for display at this exhibition.
- Local artists are invited to submit pieces of 2 dimensional art work for display.
- This could be a painting, drawing, collage, textile or mixed media piece.
- Items will be grouped and attached to 3 foot by 4 foot boards which will be displayed on artists’ easels.
- In order that we may display as many pieces as possible, exhibitors should limit the size of their work to approximately 60cm by 45cm.
- If we have too many entries we may have to select beforehand. Therefore, to assist us in advance planning, anyone interested in exhibiting at this event should send us a photograph of their work together with a note of its dimensions by the end of February.
- We will need hard copies through the post, please, that we can lay out and select from, and not emailed versions that we would have to print out ourselves.
- Artists should also give us their full names and contact details (full address including postcode, email and phone number).
- We will need the title of the work so that we can prepare a programme that visitors can take around the exhibition with them.
- If artists wish to sell their work at the end of the exhibition they should give a price or clearly state ‘Not For Sale’.
- We regret we will not be able to accommodate large pieces of work or any 3 dimensional items.
- Accepted items will need to be delivered on Friday 16th March to the venue St Nicholas Church and collected on Monday 19th March.